Proper cleaning and sanitation programs including strong sanitation standard operating procedures (SSOP) will be your savior when it comes to the Food Safety Modernization Act. These prevention measures are the cornerstone of the FSMA.
- Evaluating the hazards that could affect food safety,
- Specifying what preventive steps, or controls, will be put in place to significantly minimize or prevent the hazards,
- Specifying how the facility will monitor these controls to ensure they are working,
- Maintaining routine records of the monitoring.
- Specifying what actions the facility will take to correct problems that arise.