Goodway 2018 HVAC Trade Sweepstakes Official Rules
GOODWAY GREAT OUTDOORS SWEEPSTAKES 2018
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION IS ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE fifty (50) UNITED STATES OR the DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO are AT LEAST TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF age OR LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE ON DATE OF ENTRY AND IS AN ELIGIBLE HEATING VENTING AIR CONDITIONING (“HVAC”) TRADESMAN (TECHNICIAN, CONTRACTOR, OWNER) AS DEFINED BELOW. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Goodway, “Great Outdoors” Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins March 2, 2018 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends April 30, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Entry Period”). The Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeper for this Promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is only open to HVAC tradesmen, who are legal residents of the United States or the District of Columbia, and who are at least 21 years of age or age of majority in their state of residence at time of entry. An eligible HVAC tradesman may include someone who works or owns an HVAC installation and service company (e.g. technicians, contractors, owners), facility maintenance, personal and industrial maintenance professionals, building engineers and property management company employees that work on HVAC systems, or employees in buildings, factories, power plants, etc. that work on HVAC systems. Eligibility of HVAC association and ability to participate in this Sweepstakes will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion and the Entrant may be asked to show additional proof or information at the Sponsor’s request. This Promotion is not open to employees of Goodway Technologies (“Sponsor”), Marden-Kane, Inc. (“Administrator”), and their affiliates, licensees, parents, franchisees, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies or members of the immediate family or household of each. For purposes of clarification, "immediate family" means parents, grandparents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they reside.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to receive entries into the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of one (1) Registration Entry and five (5) Referral Entries per person. Maximum combined number of Entries per person, not to exceed six (6). Entries received exceeding this amount will not be eligible.
- Registration Entry: Go to www.goodway.com/greatoutdoors and register to participate in the Sweepstakes by completing the online entry form including your First and Last Name, Email Address, Mailing Address and Phone Number (optional), check the Verification box and agree to the Official Rules and click “Submit”. Upon completion you will receive a Thank You message confirming your Entry (“Registration Entry”). Limit one (1) Registration entry per person. Upon submission of your Registration Entry, qualified entrant will receive an email confirmation with directions and a unique URL referral link.
- Referral Entries: Use your unique URL Referral Link to invite your friends, family and direct personal acquaintances to enter this Sweepstakes via email and/or social networks (subject to the terms and conditions of each of the social networks). You will receive one (1) Referral entry for every unique friend who meets the eligibility requirements and enters/registers to participate in the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period via your URL referral/entry link (“Referral Entry”). Limit five (5) Referral entries per person/registrant.
By entering the Promotion, Entrants are indicating that they have read, accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding.
Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder for the email address associated with the entry.
If more than 5 Referrals/Entries are submitted using the same unique URL Referral link, only the first 5 Referrals received will be accepted and all others will be void. Incomplete or inaccurate Referrals/Entries are void. No mechanically reproduced Referrals/Entries are permitted. Duplicate Referrals/Entries received at any time during the Promotion Period, with the same Referral Names will be void.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to Entrant. Each entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual Entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including, but not limited to, entries made using any script, macro, bot or Sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked.
- PRIZE DRAWING: One (1) random drawing to select one (1) Grand Prize winner and one (1) First Prize winner will be conducted by the Administrator on or about May 8, 2018 from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor and Administrator whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Promotion. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
- PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION: Administrator will notify potential winners by email and/or phone within two (2) business days of drawing date. Potential winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release (where legal) and a W9 Tax Form within seven (7) days of notification attempt or an alternate potential winner will be selected, time permitting. If any email notification is returned as undeliverable, if the potential winner does not respond within the required number of days, or if information collected within the clearance documentation is found in non-compliance with these Official Rules the potential winner will be disqualified and the prize awarded to an alternate potential winner. Should the potential winner decide to decline the prize for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to that potential winner, and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor agrees to honor any existing company policy regarding the acceptance of a prize by an employee.
Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
- PRIZES AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: There will be a total of two (2) prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes. One (1) $1,000 Grand Prize Gift Card and One (1) $500 First Prize Gift Card. The Retail Value (“RV”) of all prizes offered is $1,500. The Prizes shall not be subject to any dispute or claim whatsoever and they shall not be transferable. Limit one prize per person, family or household. No substitution or transfer of any prize permitted by winner, except that Sponsor may in its sole discretion substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes and other expenses related to the acceptance or use of the prize not specified herein, including without limitation, income taxes, associated with the prize and its receipt are the sole responsibility of the winner. Gift Card prizes are not redeemable for cash and are subject to all terms and conditions of issuer. Total number of Prizes awarded for the entire Promotion, not to exceed two (2). All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of qualified eligible entries are received by the promotion end date. Prizes offered may differ from what is listed herein and what is advertised or displayed. Prizes to be delivered to confirmed winners within 4 to 6 weeks after verification is completed.
- RELEASES: By participating in the Promotion, Entrants (including prize winners) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective parents, franchisees, subsidiaries, affiliated and related entities, successors, licensees, assigns, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, assigns, contractors, and agents (collectively "Releasees") from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damage of any kind which may arise in connection with this Promotion or the acceptance and/or use of any prize. Void where prohibited. Any issues concerning the validity, interpretation or enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut, USA, without giving effect to any conflict of law rules which might find otherwise. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion are to be directed to the Sponsor at the address below.
- INTERNET: If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion without further notice. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON (S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- WINNER'S LIST: The winner’s names will be made available by email (available on or about May 29, 2018). Please send an email to: [email protected] with the subject line Goodway, “Great Outdoors” Sweepstakes Winners. Requests received after June 29, 2018 will not be fulfilled.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: Goodway Technologies; 420 West Avenue Stamford, CT 06902. Administrator: Marden-Kane, Inc., 575 Underhill Blvd., Suite 222, Syosset NY 11791.