Material Manager – Stamford, CT
Do you thrive in a growing, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment? Do you aspire to work with a highly motivated workforce that develops and markets revolutionary industrial maintenance solutions for commercial HVAC, facility management, manufacturing, power generation, maritime and other industrial applications to global companies? Are you interested in working with industry experts to expand your knowledge base and skills? If so, we want you to join our talented team at Goodway Technologies (www.goodway.com) as a Material Manager.
Manage the planning, purchasing and inventorying of material used in all Goodway’s products (All brands).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Guide department to meet company goals in the areas of availability, cost and inventory size.
Responsible for maintaining the Purchasing Procedure.
Responsible for providing inventory status information to Sales, Customer Service and the Operations Team.
- Make maximum use of computerized inventory system (EPICOR)
- Establish procedures for the planning of the purchasing of goods to meet long term production (customer) needs and see that it is carried out
- Establish communication links with production and shipping to understand their near term parts needs
- Keep abreast of changing customer demands and respond accordingly
- Establish procedures for the quoting/purchasing of goods and see that it is carried out including:
- Preparing purchase orders
- Communicating POs to vendors
- Receiving confirming info from vendors and tracking deliveries as necessary.
- Review and correct packing list/ invoice discrepancies
- Establish procedures for inventorying goods and see that it is carried out including
- Receiving goods into inventory
- Monitoring inventory levels
- Correcting inventory problems
- Note: Warehousing is not part of responsibility
- Lead cycle counting/physical inventory execution
- Establish and maintain Part Files/Unit configurations (BOMs) in EPICOR
- Establish procedures to ensure configurations are up to date
- Establish procedures to ensure part files are maintained
- Create and maintain relationships with vendors
- Lead negotiations on price, delivery and performance
- Maximize Inbound freight relationships
- Ensure vendor quality, cost, and availability discrepancies are identified and rectified
Responsible for executing additional tasks related to the position or being a manager as needed or as assigned.
Supervises 3-4 people –Inventory Planner, Inventory Coordinator, Buyer
- An advanced understanding of Inventory planning and control
- An advanced understanding of Purchasing
- A thorough understanding of computer driven inventory/purchasing systems, Epicor preferably.
- Basic accounting skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and well organized
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Materials Management, Business or a related field
- 8-10 years of experience in an inventory control/purchasing environment of an industrial equipment manufacturing company
- APICS or similar certifications helpful
- Supervisory/Management experience required